Old September 9th 03, 11:52 AM
jens skov

I have read a report once in a (danish) gliding magazine, I think it was
from them World chamoinships once held in Lezno, Poland. the glider was a
Foka type. the trick is that you start with a tailglide.

jens S, bornholm denmark

"M B" skrev i en meddelelse
The regs seem to simply require experience while'towing a glider with an

aircraft' and the U.S.regs don't seem to care what kind of aircraftis used.
Tow with a blimp? Don'tthose things go something like maybe twentyknots
tops? While towing gliders I've been quite concernedabout my 'noodle.' Yes
I've been concernedabout catching on a runway light, rope in theprop during
taxi, etc. But the idea of therope snapping back and wrapping the
elevatoror rudder in flight has been a concern both as a towpilot and as a
glider pilot. Prettyremote possibility, but a good reason fora nice weak
link at the end of the towrope.Towing in a helicopter? My goodness!
Thiswould REALLY scare me. Towrope in the rotor blades? Yikes! Did they
have somethingweighty on the end of the towrope?Mark Boyd