Old May 30th 05, 02:57 AM
Roy Smith

In article . com,
wrote:

Thanks Bob and Roy, this is what I figured, but it was worth a try. I
assume that this also applies to airways and holds, then. That is, real
victor airways and real holds (which I guess would be holds published
on charts or approach plates, or designed and assigned on the fly by a
real controller.)

Well, oddly enough, I don't see any reason why the "holding procedures"
portion of the currency requirement can't be met with a made-up hold.
Controller's can assign en-route holds pretty much anywhere, so I don't see
any reason why you can't do the same.

On the other hand, by the time you've flown your six approaches, you've had
so many opportunities to fly a "real" hold, it's not really much of a
practical issue.