Old September 10th 03, 03:39 PM
breyfogle

Area 51 has existed for something like 50 years or so but until the mid 80's
(??) it was so secret that any suggestion of its mere existance was
catagorically denied.

"Aerophotos" wrote in message
care to explain what my mate was doing flying a USAF aircraft over the
groom lake airspace and range in combat with "mig -21"was then ?

he even told me he has flown directly above groom lake and even done low
fly bys after the air combat training.

he flew extensively against the mig 21 in tactic evaluations.

so you sure area 51 didnt exist in 70s ?, please check your answer cause
your wrong.... according to my mate ....who done a lot of flying in the
USAF in his time and racked up some amazing things in his career...

From: Aerophotos

Anyone got info on what the Red Hats Sqn flying foreign Migs were doing

at
Groom lake aka Area 51 in the early-late 70s?

Ummmm, Groom Lake aka Area 51 didn't exist in the 70's. That's the story

and
we're sticking to it.
Dave