Old July 21st 04, 10:11 PM
Brett

"WalterM140" wrote:
I find no evidence that Eaker thought it imperitive to provide escort

or
that he communicated such with Lovett.

So why were P-47s fitted with drop tanks and used as escorts during
Eaker's period of command?

You seem to have just made it up.

Translation Walter is as bad at character assassination as history.

You lied. You got caught. Again.

Walter's definition of telling lies is basically pointing out unpleasant
facts that ruin his preferred fiction.

Sinclair wrote:

Meantime Eaker convinced Robert Lovett, the Assistant Secretary of
War for Air to push for a long range fighter.

Eaker never said anything during the summer of 1943 to Asst.
SecWar Lovett such as you said he did.

I presume Walter has the transcripts of all the Eaker Lovett

conversations,

You made the statement. You can't back it up.

He did back it up, your comments and sources on the subject appear to be
very thin.

You lied.

No that's your problem.

You got caught.

He caught you several times.

Eaker did not discuss the development of a long range fighter with Lovett

when
Lovett came to England in the Summer of 1943. Eaker did not urge the

rapid
development of such an aircraft at that time.

You lied. You got caught.

If Eaker didn't discuss it with Lovett during the Summer of 1943 who did
discuss it with Lovett during that time? Lovett came back from that visit to
England in the Summer of 1943 pushing for the development of a long range
fighter.

You can start here for a reference:

The Neglect of Long-Range Escort Development Dduring The Interwar Years
(1918-1943) by Major Robert A. Eslinger.

research.maxwell.af.mil/papers/ay1997/acsc/97-0126A.pdf

But you have already demonstrated you have an inability to read anything but
the simplest text on any subject.