Old March 6th 04, 03:12 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: PING : Dudley P-51 cockpit photo
From: "Dudley Henriques"
Date: 3/5/04 8:32 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
From: "Dudley Henriques"

Date: 3/5/04 7:08 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
From: "Dudley Henriques"

Date: 3/5/04 5:19 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Dudley,

That is a great shot of the P-51 cockpit. Any chance of getting a

copy?

Actually, that isn't my airplane Art! I didn't supply a photo for that
article. My cockpit was stock Mustang; except for some Collins and

Narco
avionics.
DH

Too bad. Love that photograph. Great story too.You would have looked

great
in
that 51 giving us top cover over Wurzburg. (grin)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Well...thank you. But in all fairness you have to admit that over

Wurzburg
in a B26 with a bunch of 190's filling the nose blister........DRACULA

would
have looked good in a P51!!! :-)))
Dudley

You are right. But I hoped you wouldn't have noticed. But I think that a

few of
those P-51's might have been flown by Donald Duck.(grin)

You know, considering the sound quality of some of those early VHF/Detrola
combination sets the guys were using in the fighters, they did kind of sound
like Donald Duck on occasion at that!!!
:-)

And I thought there were real ducks flying those planes. Sheesh!