Old August 27th 04, 03:05 AM
Geo. Anderson

On 8/26/04 6:39 PM, Wizard of Draws wrote the following:

I have my logbook duplicated in Excel, but now that I've added my instrument
rating, it might be nice to have Excel keep track of my currency on
approaches. Maybe flag a cell as red or green depending upon my status...

Unfortunately I'm just barely competent with the program and don't have a
clue about how to go about this. The best I can do is create a formula that
returns a date 6 month previous.
Where to go from there and how to tie the date column to the approaches
column is beyond me.

Any one of you folks have this formula setup already, or have a few hints
that could point me in the right direction?

I started down that path, then switched to SafeLog from faatest.com.
Very low ROI on my time fooling with Excel even though I am a computer
geek by trade. Safelog imports and exports Excel so you are not locked
in and it does all the currency stuff, even filling in an 8710 for you
when you are going for a check ride. It's kind of quirky in the user
interface but it's effective and cheap. The CFII author is kind of a
nut (in a pleasant sort of way), and he welcomes suggestions, bug
reports, etc. and is very responsive.

I have no commercial interest, etc. -- just a satisfied user.