Old January 13th 11, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default anyone know the name of an old sailplane short film

On Jan 13, 2:11*pm, Jim Beckman wrote:
At 16:40 13 January 2011, Paul Remde wrote:

Hi,

Correct. *Dawn flight. *I love that film. *The plot is a little silly,

but

the 1-26 aerobatics are great fun! *I have it in stock.

And let's remember that the film was made a long time ago (obvious from
the pilot's haircut, for one thing). *All that flying is real, no CGI
involved in the film. *So when you see the two 1-26s zooming through the
trees and over the water, remember that there is a camera plane following
them as well. *As I recall, it was a 2-32 with a camera mount in the front
cockpit. *Soaring magazine had a writeup about how the film was made. *If
your copies go back far enough, you could maybe find it.

The company that filmed it makes "motivational" and inspirational films
(or at least they used to). *I don't think the story was supposed to be
about gliding - just general getting over your own fears and limitations.
That part of it irritated me, but still, it's great fun to watch.

Jim Beckman

Anyone remember the issue?
The Soaring archives are available abd easy to use.
I have the video and spent a lot of time flying in the area where it
was filmed so I'd love to read the article.

Dan
WO