Old November 21st 03, 03:18 AM
JJ Sinclair

Default Civil Air Patrol

Hi Gang, Me again.
Just got my copy of Eagle Call, which is the official publication of the
California Wing of the Civil Air Patrol. They participated in the search for
the downed ASW-20 out of Hemet Ryan wit 43 personnel, 4 corprate and 5 private
aircraft.

They flew 217 hours looking for a Cessna 172 that disappeared in the Mendocino
Mountaine (west of Crazy Creek and Williams, Ca) The aircraft hasn't been
found, but the CAP did all it could.

They found the wreckage of a Cessna 182 lost in Modoc Co. (east of Montague,
Ca) I believe the 2 occupants didn't make it, but the CAP found them.

But here's the kicker:
Just after midnight, members of the local CAP were assigned to ground search
for an ELT located in the Palomar Mountains, north of San Diego, Ca. Two
members of the local CAP reported for duty at 01:00 AM and departed with
direction finding equipment at 01:15 AM. They FOUND the cessna 152 at 04:15
AM. Both occupants survived OK.

These guys were STANDING TALL at MIDNIGHT. My hat's off to all the members of
the Civil Air Patrol. Glad we have dedicated troops that will answer the call,
whenever it comes. My ELT might not be as worthless as I thought.
Good on You, Civil Air Patrol
JJ Sinclair