Old April 10th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Oral exam place and questions

d&tm writes:

your kidding! 120 kts = 2 nm /min exactly 84 nm = 42 min exactly

That probably would not occur to me during the stress of an exam.

and even if it wasnt a nice round number , didnt you ever learn long
devision in primary school?

Yes, long ago. I never liked it, and I did it with pencil and paper, not in
my head.

Personally I do most of my flight planning in Excel. but if I havent got a
computer with me, I always have a calculator in my flight bag.

I guess nobody uses slide rules any more.