Old June 26th 04, 11:23 AM
WalterM140

Bush has usurped the Constitution and he has to go.

He doesn't need to have usurped Constitutional powers to justify turning him
out.....lying to the Congress and to the public to justify starting a war
ought
to be enough by itself.

George Z.

Of course that is 100% correct.

Even if the Bush administration stumble bums along to Iraqi elections next
year, Bush should still be replaced for lying about the justifications for the
war and then screwing it up.

Saw this exchange on Hardball the other night:

[Campbell] BROWN:Â* I want to ask you, you talk about accountability.Â* Tell me
the story of what you told President Bush about firing Vice President Cheney
and Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld.Â*

BIDEN:Â* Well, the president kidded me about that this morning at the White
House.Â*

The president asked me in another meeting several weeks ago why am I calling
for Cheney‘s res—excuse me—Rumsfeld‘s resignation.Â* I said, Mr.
President, let‘s get straight what happened.Â* I was asked, if I were
president, what would I do with the secretary?Â* I said, if I were president, I
would fire Rumsfeld.Â* But that‘s not my decision.Â*

And I went on to say facetiously, I said, as a matter of fact—and I said this
to the president with Cheney there—I said, Mr. President, I also said, were
it not for the fact it was a constitutional office, I would fire the vice
president as well.Â* And I said, Mr. Vice President, you know what respect I
have for you.Â* But the advice you‘ve given the president on the major
decisions that had to be made since Saddam‘s statue fell off the pedestal
have been mistaken.Â*

And, Mr. President, it is time to change course.Â* It is not about
personalities.Â* It is about, they were given the wrong advice."Â*

[end]

The Bush administration has screwed up the conduct of the war. It ddn't have
to go the way it has. We didn't -have- to invade Iraq at all, per General
Zinni and General Hoar, and others. It played right into Al Qaeda's hands. I
bought some gas yesterday for $1.79/gal. Thank -goodness- it's come down from
$2.00/gal.

But our State Department has published at least 2 calls for Americans to leave
Saudi Arabia. If that happened, what would the cost of gasoline be then?

This is a fourth generation, asymmetrical war. We are flailing in the air
with Armor chasing millitants with AK's and RPG's through neighborhoods in Iraq
-- which is a useless, dstracting exercise in the war on terror, while Al Qaeda
strikes our center of gravity (or one of them) by de-stabilizing Saudi Arabia.

People should also note how the State Department's course is diverging away
from the rest of the Administration. Re-do the 2003 terror figures? Show it
as the worst year for terror in 20 years? What's up with that? How is that
going to help get Bush re-elected, something that surely Sec. Powell wants.
And what -about- this call for all Amercans to leave Saudia Arabia? I thought
we were going to stay the course?

We -have- to get Bush out of there. He and his ideologues are diminishing our
power and our ability to prevail. We could really -lose- this war. We really
could see Depression era unemployment rates, and a loss of economic power that
wouldn't support much of a defense establishment.

People need to wake up on all this. These are very dangerous times.

Walt