Old October 27th 03, 02:08 PM
Snowbird

"PA28Rdrvr" wrote in message ...
Hello. I see there are lots of smart folks in this NG and I learn a lot
from you. I have a question that I sure someone can answer for me. I'm not
so knowledgeable about some of the GPS approach procedures. I was reviewing
the GPS 16L @ KHEF (Manassas VA) and am not sure which DH is applicable to
my flying.

Well, let's stop right there.

"DH" is for precision approaches, where the nav you are using provides
vertical guidance.

Are you getting vertical guidance? No. So DH doesn't apply to you,
and you want an MDA, just like if you're flying an ILS approach w/out
glideslope. DH doesn't apply to you, you use the LOC MDA.

I am not sure why the difference in LPV DA; LNAV/VNAV DA; and,
LNAV MDA. I fly a PA28R with a Garmin 430. Which landing minimum would
apply to me?

LNAV MDA.

I believe it is usually different types of on board equipment

Exactly. You need an IFR GPS which is WAAS capable and a glideslope
to fly a VNAV or LPV approach.

HTH,
Sydney