Old November 24th 06, 08:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
boB[_1_]

Default Helicopter Simulators ------ OT for Kevin or anyone

Shiver wrote:
boB wrote:

It's the pain meds I take. I could quit the drugs and fly again OK, just
with a lot of pain.

Oh come on Bob.

Fly stoned.

Thousands of ex Vietname helicopter jocks can't be wrong.

Actually we did in Korea. Well if you count ingesting generous amounts
of alcohol as stoned. The early 70's in the 2nd ID, Camp Casey was a
trip in itself.

Rule. 5 UH-1s plus 5 PIC's had to be ready for take-off within 15
minutes. The Co-pilot could drink as much as he wanted. After 1 am or
so the PIC's were almost incapacitated.

In addition 4 AH-1Gs had to be armed and ready to escort the UH-1s. No
where in the rule did it say we couldn't drink. I guess they forgot.

There's a bunch of war stories there but I'm sure you can picture it.
Besides, Vietnam is where the REAL war stories come from.

--

boB
copter.six