Old August 22nd 19, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

Yes indeed, a pool is a very useful feature at a gliderport!

By all accounts, Seminole is a first-class operation with a fine bunch of folks running it. But as the ex-treasurer of one of the largest gliding clubs in the USA, I know how expensive it is to run an operation like that. Very few commercial glider operations are profitable and I wonder whether they can bring in the needed income of perhaps $1,000 a day to justify a $3 million facility.

I certainly hope so and wish them the best of luck. “Debt-free” is a great place to start!

Mike