Old August 25th 19, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Landing Gear Handle Interferes With Dive Brakes

Dan
The LS 3 -4 dive brake lever does allow you to deploy the dive brakes with the gear lever in the retracted position. BUT...To do this you have to put your hand in a abnormal position. Or the back of your hand will hit the gear lever.

I think this was a very good design feature and I'm sure it has saved many gear up landings. No electric power or horns or lights, just pain, that will get your attention when nothing else will.
Nick