Old July 19th 04, 02:25 PM
James M. Knox

(Steve Chalfin) wrote in
om:

Like sex, it can be 'interesting' the first time, but with practice
gets to be fun. Aside from the significant upslope at the departure
end of 30,

Reminded me of a British aircraft carrier with their "ski jump" at the end.

the prevailing winds usually guarantee a 8-10 Kt x-wind
takeoff or landing, and the runway is only 40' wide.

Actually, the narrow runway didn't bother me. I fly into places a lot
narrower.

It was the taxiway that was more concern. There are shrubs/trees on one
side, and the burm up to the runway on the other, and it "felt" like it
wasn't much more room than my wingspan between them.

Fun...

jmk