Old May 23rd 05, 10:25 PM
Marc Ramsey

Greg Arnold wrote:
wrote:

Seems to me that being listed is another value provided by being a
member, business or chapter.
Question keeps getting asked- what do we get for our money?
I know of one site that, upon seeing Where to Fly on Friday, is signing
up as a business member on Monday.
UH

That is one point of view. Another is that SSA should be doing whatever
it can to promote soaring, and that involves publicizing all soaring
sites, even if that means that the SSA must forego some revenue in the
short run. After all, what is the purpose of SSA? An organization with
the goal of maximing its revenue, or an organization with the goal of
promoting soaring?

Give business members the full treatment (picture, web site link,
mapquest link, etc.) along with a prominent SSA Business Member logo,
limit non-members to name, address, phone number, email...