Old January 12th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default LSA - Zodiac CH601XL

Thanks. How is yours coming?

Al

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
Here's something you can print up as a hand out. 19 page summary of the
rule.

http://www.sportpilot.org/rule/sp_rule.pdf

"Al" wrote in message
Thank you gentlemen, I am making a presentation to our local EAA chapter
on the new S-LSA's becoming available. The information you provided will
aid me in anwering questions, and at least sounding like I know what I'm
talking about.

Al

"Bryan Martin" wrote in message
Chris Heintz designed the CH601XL. He started a kit aircraft company
(Zenair, Ltd.) in Canada several years ago to market his kit airplane
designs. This is still the main "design house".

Zenith Aircraft (ZenithAir) was started up later by a couple of his sons
in
Mexico, Missouri to build and sell their father's kit designs. Zenith
Aircraft builds the experimental-amatuer built version of the CH601XL,
which
can be flown under the LSA rules by sport pilot.

AMD was started up in Georgia by another of Chris's sons to build
another of
Chris's designs, the CH2000 Alarus, under FAA certification. This
factory is
building the SLSA version of the CH601XL.

Czech Aircraft Works is licensed by Chris Heintz to build the CH601
series
aircraft as ready-to-fly airplanes in Europe. They also build parts for
the
kits sold by Zenith Aircraft in Missouri. I believe they also sell the
CH601XL as an ELSA to American customers.

in article , Al at
wrote on 1/11/06 12:04 PM:

According to the EAA list, there are currently 23 Special Light Sport
Aircraft currently available.
http://www.sportpilot.org/slsa/

It appears that the Zodiac CH601XL is manufactured or distributed by
at
least 3 companies.

http://www.newplane.com/amd/amd/601_...ification.html
http://www.zenithair.com/zodiac/xl/performance-sp.html
http://www.airplane.cz/pages/ch601_zodiac.htm

AMD seems to hold the Airworthiness Certificate
http://www.newplane.com/amd/amd/601_SLSA/601.html

So who's airplane is this really? What is the relationship between
these
companies. They each have differant Options, prices, and performance.
Are these really 3 separate LSA's?

Al CFIAMI