Old January 30th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Strange loss

Mike is a nice guy who was
regarded as a good pilot, calm, quiet, and safety concious...

I'm sorry, I feel your pain. I've lost some friends over the years.

Almost always, this is the way it goes. A calm, quiet, safety
conscious pilot, not an accident waiting to happen. A normal, routine
operation such as a takeoff or landing, under mildly challenging but
not extreme conditions, not some insane flying-under-bridges type of
idiocy. This is the way it happens. It could have been any of us.

Black death lurks in the blue skies.

Michael