Old May 16th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Is it just me that thinks this was stupid

Many years ago when I was working a field in Maryland as a CFI, I'd
sometimes come back to the field late at night during the summer months and
just walk the runway all alone sometimes. It was a great time to think;
complete solitude and silence. It was also a great way to check the runway
for anything loose that might cause a safety problem in the morning.
Dudley Henriques

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dudley Henriques" wrote)
I remember one that started with "What's the concrete mix ratio for
concrete runways please?" and finished about 80 posts later with "Picking
a good CFI is the first decision you make as a pilot that has to be
right"

I attended the "Open House" for Runway 17/35 at MSP two years ago.

We got to walk out on the runway, see some jets (up close), look at lots
of
big airport equipment, visit 20(?) different contractor tent-booths,
listen
to a band, ...the usual stuff. g

They had a cut-a-way model section of the new runway - no rebar. Project
manager said that they don't use rebar when building new runways - at
least not in Minnesota, I guess.

http://www.mspairport.com/msp/expans...way_17_35.aspx
The Mall of America is at the top of the pic @ 12:30

That's the Minnesota River, behind the MoA. It connects up with the
Mississippi River, downstream, another two miles.

Montblack
MoA is the former site of Metropolitan Stadium (Twins, Vikings) and Met
Center (MN North Stars)