Old April 8th 08, 05:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Default CUBI POINT - "CBUBI POINT.jpg" 90.4 KBytes

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Wayne Paul" wrote in
:

The GoogleEarth image looks very strange. No aircraft carrier or
combat aircraft. That definitely isn't the way I remember Cubi Point.
The first time I visted Cubi was aboard the USS Constellation in 1964
and my last visit was aboard the USS Enterprise in 1979. I also was
there while serving aboard the USS Ranger and USS Midway.

Wayne
VAH-10, VA-196, VA-115

Connie in '64...?

Does the name Don Rietz ring any bells? Old family friend, I believe he
was
in the medical dept.

I mean, there were only what - 4000? folks aboard... Surely you knew them
all! ;^)

Bob

Bob,

I my have met him; however, the only time I spent in the medical department
was for my annual flight physical. I was in the air wing assigned to VAH-10
flying A-3B Skywarriors.

The attached picture was taken aboard the "Connie" off Vietnam. (Yankee
Station.)

Wayne

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version