Old October 30th 03, 01:25 PM
Jerry Wass

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html

pLarry Smith wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITE"jlauer" wrote in message
bra ogle.com"news:d8547a52.0310291906.3e503c3a@postin g.google.com/a...
br Wondering if you have someone could provide an answer to an engine
br installation question.  I have a hovercraft that uses a Tecumseh
LEV
br 80-120 5.5 hp engine for the lifting propeller.
br
br The question is weather the engine can be mounted with the
br piston/spark plug facing down (incline is at 22 degress down angle
br from level) without messing up the engine during operation?
br
br I am concerned that the engine might not get enough lubrication tilted
br down at 22 degress during its operation?
br
br Thanks
pAll the Tecumsehs I've seen have positive pressure oil pumps.
Tilting 22
brdegrees shouldn't be a problem.   They sure do get tilted
in normal service./blockquote
All depends on what he means by 22 deg. down----( from horizontal)---
brRotating the crankcase 22deg from normal would be ok----bur rotating
the