Old June 26th 15, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Lewis[_2_]

Default tow rope brake practice crash, what can we learn...

Hi Bart,

It's interesting to me that "traffic pattern altitude" is not defined in 14 CFR part 1. As far as I know, any flight that includes a takeoff, climb and turn qualifies as a BFR flight. I'm sure no expert on the FAR's though.

I think I read somewhere that the FAA definition (somewhere) of traffic pattern flight includes the requirement that it be within a half mile of the landing spot. I can't remember where I saw this though.