Old October 2nd 16, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Antares 23 vs JS-1

I thought perhaps I could generate a discussion on the merits and de-merits of the current open class gliders. I used to fly open class but now I am happy at 18 meters, but still....

On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 7:15:06 AM UTC-7, krasw wrote:

If you mean one you can buy, my (and many others') guess is EB29R. It has latest wing profiles and aerodynamics, combined with large span and still very high wingloading (for those who need it). It most likely have an edge in low speeds/thermalling/best ld, and looses nothing at high speeds.