Old September 28th 05, 10:01 AM
Montblack

("Chuck" wrote)
[snip]
Having the FAA consider Apnea a problem is actually kind of curious.
Sleep Apnea isn't something that sneaks up on you like a stroke or
heart attack. Apnea just keeps you from sleeping correctly and if
you've had a problem while sleeping, you know it when you get up. So,
Apnea isn't something that should affect you while flying -- at least
I hope no one is sleeping at the controls.

And if you had a problem with Apnea the night before, you get up
tired and feeling bad -- and I'd really hope that someone in that
situation wouldn't get behind the controls!!! So, I'm a little
puzzled why the FAA consider it a possible flight problem -- but I'll
play along and supply anything they request.

Sleep Apnea is generally NOT a 'couldn't sleep last night' problem. It is a
condition that wears you down over time - sometimes years. It wears you out
mentally AND physically (hypertension for one) ...and sometimes even
emotionally - it's all about the REM sleep!

Try a C-PAP machine for a while. For some, the results are remarkable and
immediate. For others, it's more like weight-loss...with a gradual
improvement over time.

http://www.cpapman.com/cpap.html#anchor692895
(Google C-PAP machines)

For me, I started having vivid dreams again ...almost better than taking
those 'fun house' melatonin pills. g

Montblack
Why am I posting this at 4am? Couldn't sleep!!