Old March 19th 04, 06:12 AM
Steve Hix

In article ,
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote:

Gentlemen:

Thank you very much for your kind comments about my Dad. I know he
appreciates
them as well. Here's the update:

He had a quadruple coronary bypass with an aortic valve repair yesterday. As
of this evening, he is completely back to his usual self; he was extubated
yesterday (from the vent); the NG tube and one of the arterial lines are out.
He still has chest tubes and a Foley catheter, as well as a radial arterial
line, and lest I forget... a Swan-Ganz cath that will probably come out
tomorrow. In fact, he'll probably lose half of that stuff tomorrow.

This has gone better than I could have hoped. Looks like he'll be home in a
few days to begin his real recovery.

Excellent!