Old July 24th 19, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default Seattle area soaring?

It’s actually not a TSA gate. AWO doesn’t have that level of security. It’s an airport management/ liability thing. Unfortunately the only way to join Evergreen Soaring or schedule a ride is through the website. The other alternative is if you know a member they can show you around.

I joined the club 4 years ago and have had a great experience! They have several cross country encampments throughout the summer. Evergreen Soaring is generally well run mostly by the member volunteers.

The other thing to realize is Evergreen Soaring is very cross country centric. Take a look at the mission statement on the website. http://www.evergreensoaring.info/

As Jim said we look at every person that takes a ride as a potential new pilot/member.

Hope this helps!
Charlie