Old November 2nd 20, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kenn Sebesta

Default The Apology

Mr. Bart--

I spent a fair amount of my life in a post-communist country, I have seen some of what you talk about.Â*Sighetu MarmaÈ›iei was a terrible place. However, I've also seen how chauvinistic Eastern Europe still is, and the challenges my female friends had to advance their careers in that corrosive atmosphere.

So if the hill anyone wants to die on is littered with "feminazi", "whore", and commands for women to "keep their mouth shut", then I am afraid the reputation damage is purely self-inflicted.

And if we're equating political dissidents being murdered in places like Sighet Prison with club members respectfully sitting a pilot down and saying "let's talk about your impact on women", I don't know there's a lot I have to say to that.Â*

There are two ways these old stereotypes change: the sad way, one lonely funeral at a time (as another poster pointed out). Or the happy way, by finding a path so that a lifetime of wisdom isn't spoiled by being unable to evolve with the times.