Old July 14th 03, 05:37 AM
Big John

Sidney - just think out of the box

Take AI out of panel leaving hooked up. With power (air/electric)
applied rotate the instrument through all attitudes and see if it
tumbles and where. If it does not meet specs go get your money back.

I fly R/C and doubt if any collision took place. Never heard of it in
AMA magazine and something like that would be a high profile story for
risk of lives and insurance problems.

We don't fly R/C IFR. Only when you can see aircraft to control it. If
it goes in a cloud it crashes and some of the model A/C are worth
several thousands of dollars. Only A/C low over our field are dusters
and they know we are there and we can hear them coming and watch out
for them and stay out of their way. Has worked fine for years.

Big John

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:04:09 GMT, Sydney Hoeltzli
wrote:

Richard Kaplan wrote:

Put it where the turn coordinator is located and the put the turn
coordinator off to the side somewhere..

N. F. W.

I think it's time I had a really, really, good hunt for
that post about the Grumman getting flipped upside down
and dumped into IMC after (what was probably) a collision
with an RC plane.

Those Electric and Vacuum AIs come with a get-your-life-back
guarantee they honestly, really truly, won't tumble, never ever,
no matter what, even if I do? How do I test it, in a non-aerobatic
plane not approved for spins?

Cheers,
Sydney