Old July 13th 03, 03:02 PM
C J Campbell

"Wooduuuward" wrote in message
| Now who said that? Is that yours? I really got a 'kick' out of it.
| I'm for computer assisted flight with small voices that say
| "hello Dave. Did you check your altimeter Dave? Dave . . .
| you're too low, Dave "
| Computers these days are not expensive. Hooking one
| up to an airplanes instruments together with monitoring long and lat
| should not be that difficult.

You still don't get it, do you? All of this stuff exists already and is in
common use -- we call it ILS, approach lights, GPS, terrain avoidance, etc.
It is not cheap -- equipping a Cessna 182 with WAAS certified GPS,
multi-function display, with terrain and traffic avoidance (which come with
voice warning systems), will cost a minimum of $40,000. It is outrageous,
considering the MFD is probably running Windows NT 4.0 on a Pentium
processor and an 8 inch display, the rest using stuff that you would see in
a PDA.

If you think you can do better, take a look at the avionics manufacturers'
web sites and find out what is out there before shooting your mouth off
about stuff you don't know anything about. And learn some basic physics
while you are at it.