Old June 30th 05, 01:22 PM
Andreas Maurer

On 30 Jun 2005 10:50:59 GMT, "Ian Johnston"
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:02:39 UTC, Marian Aldenh”vel
wrote:

Before soloing we do a minimum of three excercises where the instructor
pulls the knob at some point during the launch. So it's the real thing,
nothing "emergency-like" there.

Do the instructors have the confidence, though, to pull the bung at
times when there is only one option, and geting it wrong means you're
stuffed?

Such a situation does not exist during a winch launch. The worst thing
that can happen is a long way to the other end of the runway to get
the glider back for its next launch.

We are doing such an exercise pretty oftern, I have to admit.

Bye
Andreas