Old May 26th 20, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Private airport or small field for landout?

What some of us have been doing here in eastern Colorado is going on 'Adventure Tours'. On non fly days we drive around and scope out the private strips as well as strips we know of that aren't in any aeronautical database. What we've found is that many of the mapped airports and private airports are no longer usable. On the other hand we've found several very nice private strips. When possible we try to contact the owner to see if landing there is okay. The answer usually is 'Anytime!'. We're slowly working up a database of where to land as well as where NOT to land.

Mark
Black Forest Soaring Society