Old May 6th 04, 02:13 AM
BTIZ

a 100 on the written???

well.. the examiner knows no body is perfect.. so he's going try to find out
what you don't know.. don't worry.. they always find something.. and it
should be no big deal... just don't dig a hole and try to bluff your way out
of something..

study up, take your reference library with you.. and you'll do fine..

BT

"David B. Cole" wrote in message
m...
On Saturday my instructor and I flew to Stewart International in
Newburg, NY for a few approaches. The plan was to fly out and do the
VOR -27 partial panel a couple of times, followed by an ILS. After
that we planned to fly to 4N1, Greenwood Lake, before returning to
CDW. Partial panel holding had been my one sticking point. We flew the
entire trip from CDW to the Kingston VOR, about 40 miles, partial
panel. After reaching Kingston I entered the procedure turn and flew
the approach. After reaching the MAP and flying the missed, my
instructor informed the controller that we would be flying to 4N1
instead of shooting any additional approaches.

His comment to me was that I couldn't have done a better job and
although I was exhausted, I was pleased. We flew to Greenwood Lake for
a VOR approach there before heading back to CDW for a LOC approach to
Rwy 22. Once we were back on the ground my instructor informed me that
he wanted me to call the examiner and schedule the checkride, which I
scheduled for May 17. Now I have to prepare for the oral, which I'm
not really worried about since I think I have a good grasp on this
stuff. Hopefully the 100 on the written will help. Now I just have to
make sure I don't make too many mistakes on the practical so that I
don't have to do it twice. Thanks everyone for all the support.

Cecil: I'll be thinking about you as I prepare.

Dave