Old September 27th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
flying_monkey

Default Call for opinions on new XC planning tool

Matt,

I bought the original version of GlidePlan just after the article was
printed in Soaring several months ago. I loved it then. I mentioned a
few areas where I thought it could be improved, and you have addressed
most of those in this new version. It is a thoroughly professional
piece of software (and I'm a software professional, I should know).
I'm also just getting into cross country, and I find these altitude
contours quite useful for figuring out high I have to be to get home
from a given point. I like being able to customize the planned
performance to allow me to be as chicken or bold as I want. I love
being able to see the effect of wind on my range. This is a great
product! I hope you're making some money from this.

Thanks,
Ed