Old March 25th 15, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default Car/Truck to pull glider trailer

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 8:20:50 AM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 10:50:30 AM UTC-4, Sarah wrote:
Timely thread, gearing up for northern hemisphere spring.

I've towed with a Honda Accord ( V6 manual ). It's relatively heavy at 3400 lb, plenty of power and tows my old Komet ( around 2000 lb ) stably up to 70 mph. I've only been nervous once - coming down I70 into Denver with a steep downgrade. Slowed way down and it was OK.

The trailer surge brake has been inop for years -Any one have suggestions on where I could take it for overhaul or replacement with electric brakes? Local garage? Or, is even necessary? I really should check for trailer tongue corrosion and double check the hitch mount points.

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 11:04:01 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi All,

..
What is the typical range o gross weights of a single seat glider plus trailer?

Recommendations on a good tow vehicles?

Thanks for your help

Bill

Google "Adjusting the wheel brakes of your Cobra trailer" and you get a pdf with lots of pictures on adjustment of the alko running gear:
http://www.cobratrailer.com/Bremsein...englisch_1.pdf

Dan

Link is inop (404 not found)