Old May 25th 20, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2020 Accidents & Insurance, usa

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 7:23:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I hope I am wrong but I suspect it will be a bad year. If you are living in a chronic elevated fear state you are in no position to safely fly. Don't take my word for it, use the IMSAFE checklist. May the Lord have mercy on our insurance rates.

I do not agree with your opinion. Recognizing the increased health risk associated with Covid 19, and taking action to minimize exposure risks should have little affect on our ability to fly safely.
We do have to recognize that we are more rusty than usual and take extra care with assembly tasks and check lists. These are things we rely on out of habit and we do lose them without practiced reinforcement.
Also wise to fly on some benign days and take an extra practice flight to get back to proper form.
The IMSAFE checklist can be a very valuable tool.
UH