Old October 25th 19, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default gel coat

The picture about midway down the page on Richard's blog pretty much mirrors the way we do. Same tools. Same papers. Same hand-sanding blocks. I've actually been creation a Bill Of Materials on Amazon that has most of our stuff. Maybe I'll get around to cleaning it up over the weekend. It's at least good as a starting point...

Erik Mann
ACA Chief Refinishing Officer (CRO) :-)
P3

On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 3:25:29 PM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 12:11:42 PM UTC-7, Roy B. wrote:
I'd like to hear from the professionals about the best way to remove old gel coat without damaging the underlying glass. There are a lot of suggestions out there (air file, very coarse random orbital sander, etc. etc.) and when I did it (once and for the last time, I swear) I used a fairly coarse hand held belt sander.
What do you guys use for this job? On flat surfaces? On compound curves?
ROY

Roy

Process I used.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm