Old July 16th 04, 08:05 PM
WaltBJ

The above words, from the top down, are as good as gold. I went
through USAF basic training in August 1951. It really wasn't as hard
as fighting fire in the Coast range of Southern California, nor was it
as tough as pre-season football practice. AMAF, what the DI was doing
made mroe sense to me at that age than arguing with my Dad over
minutia. (He was a CPA; I couldn't understand he only viewed things as
100% right or 100% wrong.) We got along a lot better later on
-teen-agers don't have much patience.
So do as they tell you, keep your mouth shut, keep a poker face and
don't volunteer (until you know for damn sure what it's all about).
Like was said earlier, many millions of men and women (okay, boys and
girls) went through the same BS before you did. Hang in there and
towards the end you will - I promise you - start enjoying it. Basic,
boot, whatever; it is a rite of passage everyone should benefit from.
I bet it will do you good!
Good Luck! Walt BJ