Old August 6th 03, 04:28 AM
Mark Manes

Mark,
I have the AWX system and use it regularly. Flew to KPTS and they tried
the system in my 310 (which has an old KT-76) and there was no interference.
Between my StormScope & AWX I get a real good idea of where I want to go and
where I want to avoid. I like getting the cloud tops (which is new) and
TAF's & METAR's while in the air. I had the mod done to the Sat Phone that
allows me to plug in to the Lightspeed 3G headset and make phone calls from
the air. I usually let my wife make the calls. That works very well. I
have had the Anywhere WX since January 03 and if I had to decide again right
now would go with Control Vision again. I have an Ipaq 3835 and have had
no problems with it, only occasional download failures. I recently upgraded
to Ipaq 5555 and have had more trouble with it. I expect that the bugs will
be worked out in the 5555, meanwhile I am going to keep the 3835 until I
know for sure.

Mark Manes
N28409
WC5I

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in message
Cool. Thanks.

I was completely unaware of the KT76 Transponder interference problem with
the GlobalStar phones. Interesting that NONE of the guys at the
ControlVision booth at OSH mentioned it...

"Brent Bigler" wrote in message
I might suggest checking out the forums hosted on ControlVision's

website.

http://www.anywheremap.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

The opinions offered there are unstinting -- good and bad. You'll get a
pretty good handle on the product.

--Brent

"mtmueller" wrote in message
snip

BUT, I haven't actually heard from anyone that uses it on a routine

basis.

---