Old September 16th 03, 05:09 AM
Marc Reeve

John A. Weeks III wrote:

In article , SA
wrote:

"While there were 36 major accidents that killed 24 Thunderbird pilots
between 1953 and 1981, there have been no fatalities and only one minor
accident since the 1982 tragedy -- a fact in which Creech took great
pride."

Well, there was at least one fatality since 1982. A member of the
public crashed an auto through the airport gate and rammed one of
the F-16's as it was parked. I recall that the F-16 nose gear
collapsed in the impact, and the jet fell on the car, killing
the driver. I didn't look up the date, but I do recall this happening
at Selfridge in Michigan in the mid to late 90's.

They were only counting Thunderbirds fatalities on that page, not Joe
Drunken Driver (not that the two are mutually exclusive).

-Marc

--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is