Old November 8th 17, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Train Wreck

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 10:02:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 7:37:32 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Oh and great thread title mini-me.

The US Team Selection process is a total TRAIN WRECK.

#morelies

SSA dues paying members: Sean Fidler disparages the SSA with a link to the organization. https://seanfidler.com/ I think there are many, many SSA members that might be very interested in your personal website... And, as an SSA member my first questions to the SSA leadership now a How much of the SSA dues funds go to the US soaring team? What are the code of conduct requirements of a US International contest participant? Unfortunately and regrettably we may need to flush that out. Of course criticism itself is not a disqualifying factor, but I'm sure there is some behavioral standard to adhere to. A US team member represents the SSA and the USA.
If you want to bring the SSA into it Sean, then the members get to have a say and are going to ask questions. It's all your choice, you can have a valid grievance and make your point in a respectful way, or not. You routinely choose not to. Blowback is a fair and reasonable consequence. Start calculating for it?
Cheers.
I'd provide my name on this one but you are a suspected (known?) online bully so I'll take the safe route. Probably not hard to figure it out anyway but I'll at least keep it off a public forum.

I'll answer your question re SSA funds. No SSA member funds are used for the US Team. SSA resources assist with publicity to help fund raising. Funding for the US Team is in a separate bucket filled by dedicated contributions, and overseen by SSA leadership.
UH