Old October 5th 04, 12:05 AM
Roger Halstead

On 4 Oct 2004 13:18:02 -0700, (bryan chaisone)
wrote:

Roger that Roger. Sorry, couldn't help myself. All excited for
Burt's team. He's got a bunch of great guys working with him. Wish I
was one of them.

People were getting choked up all over the place including the two
watching from our place:-))

To me this was more momentous than the original Mercury flights and
the whole project probably cost less than one of those capsules.

Although most would not consider a $20 million project grass roots it
was exactly that. Carbon fiber and resin lay-ups that were easily
fixable. Think what would have happened in NASA had they broken the
gear off.

The flight of SpaceShipOne is the opening of the door to space flight
for industry and the world in a way that could never be approached by
the governments of the world.

To me it now makes going to the other planets much more of a
possibility but how long before "Protect the Planets" groups emerge?

I say it's a fantastic job well done!

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Bryan "was Monk" Chaisone

Roger Halstead wrote in message . ..
If you get the Discovery Science channel, it's pretty good coverage
with lots of history.