Old November 16th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Toe in or toe out?? For Taildraggers

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 06:12:55 GMT, Ed Sullivan
wrote:

On 15 Nov 2006 09:22:13 -0800, "DonMorrisey"
wrote:

Howdy.

I'm at the point in my project where I'm lining up the landing gear.
Based on what I've found from various sources there seems to be many
schools of thought asto whether the main gear on a taildragger should
toe in or out and how much????

Thought I'd throw it out here to see what the brain trust has to say on
this topic. Thanks. Don....

As one who has experienced both conditions on a Baby Lakes and a
Jungster two I can definitely state that you dont want toe in. If you
dont believe me....try it.

Ed Sullivan

I've always been of the opinion that a bit of toe out would mitigate
ground looping somewhat. Toe in can , in my opinion, definitely
contribute to the tendancy to ground-loop.