Old June 13th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WestCDA

Default Should I upgrade from Skylane to Cirrus SR20?

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
WestCDA,

it would probably be
a considerable cost saving to rent those for your day VFR trips

Not flying at all would be an even more considerable saving. Did the OP
say he wanted to spend as little as possible?

He said the SR20 would be considerably more expensive to purchase and
operate than their current Skylane, so presumably cost is a factor in his
decision. His question was should he upgrade - I mentioned another option
available at his home airport.

Driving a shiny sports car is way more fun than pulling Dad's beat-up
pick-up around the corners.

Yes, it is. As I mentioned he can rent shiny new planes now instead of the
beat up ones.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)