Old August 23rd 09, 08:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alan[_6_]

Default Emergency Descents with ATC COMS - Video

In article BeechSundowner writes:
On Aug 22, 9:41=A0pm, a wrote:

Question for you -- What are the Sundowner limits on pitch and bank?

Another speedy way down is a slip of course -- it also allows enough
throttle to keep the engine warm.

Interesting question as I don't think there is a limit for pitch and
bank? I never heard of this?

Per FAR 91.303, 90 degree bank is not considered an acro maneuver as
banks are not abrupt changes in attitude the way I understand it. It
would be considered a commercial maneuver I think.

91.303 clearly says:
For the purposes of this section, aerobatic flight means an intentional
maneuver involving an abrupt change in an aircraft's attitude, an abnormal
attitude, or abnormal acceleration, not necessary for normal flight.

I think it can reasonably be claimed that 90 degrees bank is "an abnormal attitude".

91.307(c) says that if there were any passengers, everyone must be wearing
an approved parachute. I guess you could play with these solo, but it would
be a lot smarter to have an instructor experienced in this along for the first
few times.

Alan