Old January 3rd 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default First flight of 2008 -- Madison, WI (KMSN)

Jay Honeck wrote in news:eacc52d2-5625-4203-bff6-
:

I flew yesterday... *it was so clear you could see the curvature of the
earth. *In the center of this photo is downtown Dallas 40 miles off.
(Jay, note the green earth below... *just in case you forgot what it loo

ked
like. :- )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...NewYearsDay080...

Sweet! My eyes start to crave green right about now.

We've grown lazy and complacent after ten years of mild winters in
Iowa. In the past there have been some New Years Day flights where we
were able to land on grass strips -- but surely not this year. Not
without a ski-plane. It's been brutal.

Amazingly, the weatherman is predicting a major warming trend for the
weekend, with RAIN predicted for next Monday. Liquid water? I'll
believe it when I see it -- the OAT right now is -1 degrees
fahrenheit.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

More great aviation sutff there, fjukwit

Bertie