Old October 10th 17, 04:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

Default This ought make for some interesting approach conditions at John Wayne airport - 10_10_2017 fire sunrise.JPG

In article , Byker says...

"Miloch" wrote in message news

I live along the border of Sonoma and Marin County...I actually had a
light layer of ash on my car this morning...the sun was orange when it
came up because of all the smoke.

During my high school senior year in Santa Ana (1970) there was a big fire
near Corona, about twenty miles away. The smoke cloud blotted out the sun
and it cast a weird dark orange light on everything. It got so dark that the
school principal announced over the PA system, "We are NOT having an eclipse
of the sun!" When we got out of class that afternoon, everything was covered
in ashes...

This mornings sunrise...

*

Attached Thumbnails