Old January 22nd 18, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

I hardly know what to say. I just wanted to say something as I watched the entire race, knew all the competitors names. To the family and friends of Tomas Reich, I know how mere words will always be inadequate, to express grief, of a loved one lost. I do humbly offer my prayers and wishes that soon, time will assuage your grief over the loss of Tomas, and will leave you with cherished memories of times shared and the opportunity to have known him and share the same air, time and place.

After having suffered multiple losses of loved ones over that last few years, I can tell you how important is to get to a place where you smile when you think of a lost love one

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 5:59:41 AM UTC-8, Paul Agnew wrote:
From Facebook:

Sad news from the last race day;
Local Chile pilot Tomas Reich had an accident on the ridges south of Santiago. The Chile SAR recovered Tomas and took him by helicopter to the hospital in Santiago. Unfortunately Tomas died during the evening from the injuries he sustained during the accident. Our thoughts and prayers are for his family and friends during this tragic time.