Old August 2nd 18, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default trying to understand Wings program

At the FAA site there is a 35 page explanation of this program. I spent an hour or so trying to speed read it and came away still not really understanding it. I'm hoping someone here that's knowledgeable about this might do a couple paragraph summary of the important things to know for glider pilots. I'm sure there'd be a bunch of other guys that could benefit besides myself.

From another thread I know that the SSA seminars can be applied towards postponing one's biennial review. But what I seemed to read is that the first element towards getting a postponement required 3 course achievements and 3 flight sessions with an instructor. I can't see how that is any kind of savings since a regular review is normally just one flight session with an instructor? I don't get it.