Old August 26th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
MrBiff

Default ATC "cancellation" of scheduled carrier flights?

Sam Spade wrote:
Judah wrote:

Sam Spade wrote in news:5nKHg.14$c07.3@fed1read04:

Judah wrote:

Sam Spade wrote in

Marc J. Zeitlin wrote:

While discussing reimbursement of hotel bills from a major
airline, I was told that my flight(s) were cancelled BY ATC.

Airlines cancel flights. But, when they cancel because of ATC
delays they are unable to absorb into their fleet operational
planning the airline typically considers that to be a cancellation
that they did not cause. It is not unlike cancellation for weather.

That's a bad customer service policy.

Like they care about customer service?

Some do. The profitable ones, anyway.

Show me the way. They all suck that I use.

The US airline industry is the worst business model in
America. One more airline terror attack or series of
commercial accidents and it's over

Back to trains and cars or Government takeover