Old March 19th 14, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Default George Uveges 1970 Marfa Photo Set

Hi Bob,

Do you have Hal's contact details? I digitized all these from slides at 4000dpi which is good enough to blow up to 24x36.

Thanks,

Kevin

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:25:25 PM UTC-4, BobW wrote:
On 3/18/2014 10:09 AM, Kevin Christner wrote:

HI all,

I just uploaded a number of George Uveges photos from the 1970 World

Championships at Marfa TX. I have another set that I will be uploading in

the next day or two. Thanks to George for allowing these to be publicly

posted and to the NSM for loaning out the slides for digitization.

I now have access to equipment to digitize just about any sort of film or

video media. I would like to gather as much content as possible. Please

e-mail me if you have any materials you would like to contribute.

Website he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4957907...7642545270585/

Best regards,

Kevin 2C

Kevin,

Majorly cool!!! Thanks to you and George U. for co-acting to help preserve

this bit of soaring history.

Kinda-sorta related, if the stars align as the unindicted co-conspirators

hope, the soaring world may soon (this year?) have access to digitized color

slides taken during the Sierra Wave Projects by an inveterate, lifelong,

photo-hound. It was a Real Treat to attend Hal Klieforth's (totally unexpected

by me) presentation at this year's Reno Convention. Real, Manly, Kodachrome

slides projected from a carousel slide projector. As for the slides

themselves, in a word, "Wow!"

Any soaring pilot/aficionado who doesn't know who Hal Klieforth is is in the

happy position of still being able to find "more good soaring stuff" to read

about. Mr. Google is your starting friend!

Bob W.